Thank you for booking with the Artisan Coffee School! We are obsessive about great coffee and can’t wait to get started on your course. We just thought we would send you a few more details about the course.
This lovely class will take 3 days (9:30am – 4:30pm), including a 1 hour lunch breaks.
Please come in good time to:
2 British Grove
London W4 2NL
See more on how to find us here.
What to expect
This course will provide you with a deeper understanding of heat and heat transfer and provide you with a more specific understanding of the physical, chemical and sensorial aspects of green and roasted coffee. It will also teach you about the more subtle aspects of profile roasting and how the different parts of the roasting cycle affect the physical and chemical aspects of the coffee. It will give you the knowledge and skills needed as a manager to plan and execute quality control, create a product range to meet different customer segment preferences, calculate production costs as well as how to plan and execute lean production.
You don’t need to bring anything except for a desire to learn and drink coffee!
This course can be SCA accredited with an exam. If you have selected to take the exam for the SCA accreditation then in order to be eligible to gain SCA certification, you must sign up as a Learner (for free) through the SCA website here and be familiar with your Learner Number when you attend the school. If you have any issues with this process, please contact the SCA on +44 1245 426060.
Please be aware that if you are not taking the accredited exams, your course will end an hour earlier than stated above.
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
Artisan Coffee School is doing everything we can to keep you safe:
- Where necessary, halving the number of attendees per course to make it possible to maintain social distancing in the classroom.
- Requiring students to wear masks (except while tasting coffee), as we are operating in an enclosed space.
- Constant access to antibacterial hand gel for our students and trainers.
- Where appropriate, our trainers will be wearing masks and in some cases face shields whilst teaching.
- Each student will have their assigned space around the table, or at a coffee machine with their own equipment.
- We’ve adjusted the manner in which we execute cuppings (coffee tasting) to eliminate cross contamination.
- The classroom and equipment will be cleaned thoroughly between courses, using antibacterial / antiviral cleaners.
Just so you’re aware, we can fully refund any course if over a week’s notice is provided. For any changes with under a week’s notice, we can happily transfer the course into someone else’s name (please inform us first) but unfortunately we can’t offer refunds. If you want a refund for a purchase made 120 days prior, we can only issue a refund in a form of a voucher.
We look forward to seeing you for this course!
The friendly team at the Artisan Coffee School