Thank you for booking with the Artisan Coffee School! We are obsessive about great coffee and can’t wait to get started on your course. We just thought we would send you a few more details about the course.
How to Start a Successful Coffee Shop
This lovely class will take 1 day (9:30am – 4:00pm), including a 1 hour lunch break.
Please come in good time to:
32 New Broadway
London W5 2XA
See more on how to find us here.
What to expect
Owning and operating a coffee shop is a dream that many people share. This course explores the essential knowledge, practices and challenges that each aspiring business owner should know before opening their own coffee shop.
In this one-to-one course, run by our very own Edwin Harrison will walk you through his experiences of setting up several successful coffee shops and the coffee school itself – the good, the bad, and the ugly. He provides a detailed understanding of what is involved in the planning and opening of a retail coffee business. Included in this course are modules on writing a business plan, planning your products and services, developing a marketing plan, identifying challenges and barriers, deciding on a location, building a successful team, understanding costs and margins, budgeting and cash flow forecasting, and much more.
Upon completion of this course, you will have gained an understanding of the extensive planning and preparation required to open and sustainably manage a coffee shop. Using this knowledge, you will have the skills and tools to effectively plan for both the opening of your coffee business and for a sustainable business future. After all, is there a better way to learn than from someone who’s actually been there and continues to do it?’
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
Artisan Coffee School is doing everything we can to keep you safe:
- Where necessary, halving the number of attendees per course to make it possible to maintain social distancing in the classroom.
- We run our classes in enclosed spaces, therefore advise students to bring masks for added protection if you so choose.
- Constant access to antibacterial hand gel for our students and trainers.
- Each student will have their assigned space around the table, or at a coffee machine with their own equipment.
- We’ve adjusted the manner in which we execute cuppings (coffee tasting) to eliminate cross contamination.
- The classroom and equipment will be cleaned thoroughly between courses, using antibacterial / antiviral cleaners.
Just so you’re aware, we can fully refund any course if over a week’s notice is provided. For any changes with under a week’s notice, we can happily transfer the course into someone else’s name (please inform us first) but unfortunately we can’t offer refunds. If you want a refund for a purchase made 120 days prior, we can only issue a refund in a form of a voucher.
We look forward to seeing you for this course!
The friendly team at the Artisan Coffee School